I have had some bad experiences with the vermicelli overcooking and sticking with the other brands and have had to invent dishes so as not to waste it. I hope i will post them sometime :-))
So, here goes the recipe.
What you need:
- 1/2 packet Concorde rice vermicelli
- 1 cup veggies (peas, potatoes, carrots, beans etc). You can use any veggies and sprouts as well to make it healthy, nutritious and a complete meal. For veggies like carrots, which are a little hard to cook, boil them before and then add them
- green chillies, coriander (finely chopped), lemon juice,salt, grated ginger, and curry leaves according to the requirements
- 1 onion finely chopped
- mustard, jeera, hing, urad dal, and turmeric powder for tadka
How to prepare:
- Take oil in a kadai, add mustard seeds.
- When it sputters, add hing, jeera, curry leaves, green chillies, grated ginger, turmeric powder and urad dal.
- Fry till the urad dal turns golden.
- Add the chopped onion and fry till it turns transparent.
- Add the veggies and let them cook.
- Boil 2-3 cups water in a vessel.
- When the water comes to a boil, add the vermicelli, switch off the gas, and cover with a lid.
- Leave for 5 mins, and then drain the vermicelli and spread it out.
- Add the vermicelli to the mixture in the kadai, add salt and lemon juice.
- Mix well and cover the kadai and let it cook for 5 mins.
Delicious Shavige Bhaat is ready to eat :). I did this post without realising that i had an entry for this month's Click event hosted by Bee and Jai of Jugalbandi. Thanks a lot Rajitha for posting the comment and letting me know :-).
So, here goes my entry for Click just-in-time before the deadline.