This is one of my favorite snacks and i haven't tasted a yummier version than my mom's. No matter how much i try and use the exact same ingredients mom does, it just doesn't taste the same :).
A very healthy snack, its more like a salad as we use raw vegetables.
So mom, this post is dedicated to you for putting up with all our wishes and demands and continuing to do so till this day.
What you need:
- 1 C Avalakki (thin rice flakes)
- onion, tomato, and cucumber finely chopped
- salt, chilli powder according to taste
- 1 tsp oil
- menthedhittu (called methkoot in Marathi). This is an aromatic powder made with menthe seeds. I do not have the recipe, will try to update or link if i find it. This is optional but really enhances the taste.
- any chatni poodi if you want the taste
- roasted peanuts
- finely chopped coriander
- lemon juice
How to prepare:
- Mix all the above ingredients in a bowl, garnish with coriander and serve.
Yep, that's it. Really simple and tastes soooooooo good. And this one goes to Asha for RCI - Karnataka.